Goldman Fire Protection District
In 1951, Local citizens of Goldman decided in order to protect the lives and property of the community; a properly organized fire department was needed. Based on that need, the Goldman Community Volunteer Fire Department was formed. The first Goldman fire apparatus was an old fire truck, obtained from a local scrap yard. In 1956, the first brand-new Goldman fire apparatus was purchased. After serving the community for 26 years as the Goldman Community Volunteer Fire Department, the people of Goldman voted to form a fire protection district. In 1976 the G.C.V.F.D became the Goldman Fire Protection District. Since 1976, the Goldman Fire Protection District has continued to grow to serve the community.
What started as a handful of concerned citizens selflessly volunteering time to serve their neighbors, has grown to include one fire station that is manned 24-7 with paid Firefighter/EMT's & dedicated volunteer Firefighters, and a second fire station operated with a devoted group of volunteer Firefighters who respond at a moment’s notice. Now instead of one fire truck, there are 2 Rescue Engines not only equipped for firefighting, but also with the "Jaws of Life" and other rescue/life saving equipment. A 2000 gallon Pumper/Tanker is used to deliver much needed water to fires. A brush jeep for fighting fires off-road. 2 Chief officer/command vehicles. And 2 light utility trucks on loan from the Missouri Department of Conservation.